In late februari-beginning of march 2012 i started my cycling adventure around Iceland. Besides, i also undertook some short hikes on my snowshoes. Somehow, after hiking i am always happy to be back on the bike again. But when hiking out, it seems to me like there is nothing like it. Which means, dragging along the whole lot on the bike. Just in case.

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Reykjavik



Wow! I had that silly ticklish feeling in my stomach on the air plane, and really don't remember when i had that for the last time when leaving on a trip. After a while on develops his habits, and just takes it like whatever, talks about it like others talking about going to the club,  -what doesn't mean travelling lost its sex appeal, but anyway, who cares about sweet sixteens. And travelling being one of my main occupations, i guess i developed that apathetic attitude of not smiling automatically at whatever you don't find at home. But now, it seems like anything can happen. It could be really against my balls, great, too hard, ecstatic,boring, lonely, perfect. It is like falling in love again!
So Iceland, it is definitely the lousiest weather i have seen in my life. The slushiest sleetiest of all weathers. Just around 0 degrees, it snows a bit, or rains or drizzles a bit. A lot of wind. And if it looks good for five minutes, somehow people show up from i-don't-know-where telling me it will be over soon. Yesterday the sun came out for almost two hours, and the people laughed at it, like saying her not to bother showing up if only to disappear directly like she always does. And she did. And yet! I caught a glimpse of the surroundings, and they are like nothing i saw before in my real life. Smooth, rolling, vast. Smooooth! So smooth, and at the same time they look totally unreachable -only in a way, of course. They better be reachable. I told someone about the hills, and he told me i would get used to it all to quickly, and little time would pass before i got bored by it. He might be right, but now, i really feel like i will love this for the rest of my life.
And tomorrow Monday i finally skip the cappuccino, jump on the bike and get mooooovin'!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment